Sunday, January 12, 2014

Let's get this party started.

The Zone challenge starts tomorrow.  So, of course, I spent today shoveling all sorts of filth into my mouth.  Here's a highlight:

Purchased at Walmart. Ba-BAM.  We did split this between four of us but, yeah, one Reese's cup is basically the same as a 10-block Zone meal.
So we really got our shit together today.  We started out the morning with a planning session that I think took about 11 hours.  Jeff kept filling in some sort of spreadsheet on his laptop and I kept sneering at him and accusing him of "making it too complicated."  But we got over it and charted out all our meals and snacks for the week.  And to avoid "making it too complicated" we are eating a whole lot of the same stuff.  I feel a bit like we're going to be eating prison nutraloaf all week.  Here is the filled-in whiteboard:

Those squiggly lines?  Oh that's where we are just eating the SAME DAMN THING ALL WEEK LONG.
After filling it in and calculating that we had to buy something like 8,000 eggs and one million pounds of broccoli, we headed to Trader Joe's to stock up.  I had my own cart for our "Mommy and Daddy food" while Jeff filled another one with the girls' supplies for the week.  Our checkout guy thought it was pretty damn curious that we were buying 9 very long cucumbers.  I think Jeff told him that I get lonely sometimes. Which I do.

My cart looked like this and I seriously wanted to cry because of all the non-cookies that were in it:

So.exciting.
When we got home, I prepared some things for the week.  I don't want to eat too much pre-cooked meat, so instead of doing that I focused on cutting up salad stuff and I also made a big pot of oatmeal (we'll be having a bit of that in the morning because we don't want to have 25 cups of cauliflower before 10am).  Jeff went out and got some propane for the grill, so we'll fire that up for the meat.  Our fridge now looks like this:

That black piece of tape down the middle?  Kids on the left, Mommy and Daddy on the right.  Except, um, our meat is kind of in their section.  But that bread and humus?  NOT OURS!
I'd say we're locked and loaded.  Giddyup.

2 comments:

  1. Fridge and whiteboard look great Sara! LOVE the team effort between you and Jeff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Close up of the whiteboard, please. My eyes aren't good enough to read what you're eating.

    ReplyDelete