Monday, January 27, 2014

Your cheating heart.

Confession: If I have time, I wear makeup to the gym. It makes me feel better. Less gym-androgynous.
Last night was Saturday and a planned cheat meal out.  A week ago Saturday was also a cheat meal out, but that was with a gaggle of second graders at Acapulco's to celebrate my girl's 8th birthday. Hardly a culinary extravaganza. This week, we planned on Legal Sea Foods (not a typo...that is how they write it - very hard when we had our rehearsal dinner there and my mother-in-law and I couldn't figure out if the invitations should read that way, with people maybe thinking we didn't know that "seafoods" is one word). We were meeting my parents there for a belated family birthday dinner for La Lucy and my mom together.  Jeff and I really looked forward to this...it sounds silly, but I dressed nicely and did my hair and makeup to make it really feel like an event.  Although I had a roll and butter before dinner as well as one glass of wine, for dinner I had grilled scallops plus mushrooms and squash. Totally healthy even though my proportions were off.  I did have dessert...bananas foster that was a bit like banana ice cream soup when it was put together.  But eat it? Yes I did, along with a chocolate bar when I got home (which is what I should have just had for dessert in the first place).

Lucy and the world's most incredible 67-year-old man.  Who's your daddy?  Because this one is MINE!
Did this cheat bonanza set me off the rails?  Nope, not at all.  Zoning gives you an awesome safety net to land into. You get up, you weigh, you measure, you move on. You spend your week eating clean, eating correctly, thinking carefully about your food, and then you go out on occasion and truly enjoy the experience for what it is. Not a bad way to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment